As predicted, after a getting a bit more sleep, the joy at finally being able to drive has sank in. I'm free. I'm free!
If I wake up starving in the middle
of the night, I don't have to pilfer through what's left in the fridge, I can go to go out and get some french fries. When I need to go out shopping for a new pair of blue jeans (like I have since August), I don't need to structure my entire day around it because ZIP! I can now move throughout my day in a pace much faster that I did with the bus. Really, I don't think I've been this happy since I got a rave review from the hard-ass
teacher in Novel Workshop.
Speaking of papers though, yesterday I FINALLY turned in those two human sexuality papers that I've been stressing over. And a part of me still refuses to believe just how difficult getting those papers printed turned out to be. Honestly, when I think back on it, I keep thinking, "No way, that's what they make up in TV shows to build frustration in characters. Doesn't happen in real life." Ooooh, but it did.
Started with bringing my laptop to school so that I could finish writing the second of the two papers in the library during the 3 hour gap between Brit Lit and Human Sexuality. Normally I wouldn't, but now that I have a car I don't need to worry about gangsta looking guys on the bus following off at my stop and stealing it, so why not? I set myself up in the library and began working on a long-winded, detailed paper on the documentary film "Sex at 24 Frames Per Second" (a very good movie about the longstanding struggle between censorship and sexuality in film since the 1920s to present date), only to discover at 5:30 pm that my paper exceeded the maximum page limit. My class being at 6pm, I quickly rewrote the paper, finishing at 6:02. I spelled checked the paper, saved it to disk, packed up my laptop, and then headed over to the computer lab to print my two papers out. And let me just tell the rest of the story with bullet points:
- Campus computer was slow. They're always slow, but last night they were particularly slow. And I say this with no exaggeration at all: the computer that I logged onto last night took five minutes to start, and another five minutes to open a simple word program.
- Printing at my college costs five cents a page, and is charged by way of a certain card that is purchased from a machine in the computer lab. I had remembered to bring my card with me, but I didn't know that my second paper would run so long. I only had enough credit to print out one of my papers.
- Ran over to the student store, waited in line behind two people, only to find out at the front that the student store does not do cash backs.
- Walked over to yet another building to use an ATM, which gave my two $20s.
- Since the machine that dispenses printing cards only takes $1s, I went to one of the coffee stands that are set up through out campus. Waited in line behind another two gentlemen, only to find out when I got to the register that the cashier couldn't break $20.
- Went back to the student store, waited behind three more people, and ended up with the new trainee cashier to help me with my change, who kept messing up with the one dollar bills and starting over again! As I was leaving, I heard the manager lecturing her.
- Went back to the computer lab, bought a new printing card, logged back onto the nearest computer, accessed my second paper and ordered a print, and went to stand in line behind yet another two people to pay. Only to find out that the first guy in line had gotten his card stuck in the machine that extracts pay.
- Went back to computer and tried to log on again to resend my paper to a different printer, but for some reason the computer couldn't access my settings.
- Begged innocent person sitting next to me to let me print from her settings, only to accidentally send my printing order to the same printer in my panicked state.
- Bothered the amazingly sweet girl on the computer next to me again to let me send my printing order to the right printer.
- Finally got both papers printed and left the computer lab, only to realize outside my classroom door that I had left my textbook behind somewhere. Ran all the way back to the cafe, found it, then went to class.
- Finally got to class at 6:35pm. >_<
Can anyone say "headache"? I was stressed out all through class, right up until I got in my car and started driving home--driving, such a beautiful thing. How can I hold onto frustration when I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my driving?
And also, I decided to get a head start on the two sexuality papers due next month so that I wont be foaming at the mouth next time. I need to two sex-related prompts that aren't similar to the two papers that I just finished. So, no documentaries, and nothing related to fetishes. If anyone who looks this way has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Or Eyes? Now then, I have a test on the history of cinema in about two hours, So. Time to shower and study.
|You Are Chocolate Chip Ice Cream|
|You are kind, popular, and generous.|
You tend to be successful at anything you try.
A social butterfly, you are great at entertaining a crowd.
You are most compatible with strawberry ice cream.